NEWS of Interest
Courtesy of NaSPA Partner Informit.com
Employment Assistance is HERE
NaSPA Employment Assistance is HERE
It’s no secret that things are tough out there today. NaSPA has heard you and stands ready to help both the job seeker, and the potential employer.
- View the NaSPA Employment Web Site Section HERE.
- Upload your resume HERE for free.
- Join NaSPA for only $45.00 HERE. It sounds strange to ask people for money who are out of work but remember, all experts say “networking” is the single most important factor in finding new employment.
- NaSPA members are allowed to submit a five line “position wanted” advertisement in NaSPA’s 23-year old flagship publication Technical Support Magazine for free. TS reaches over 50,000 IT professionals.
- Post your employment opportunity HERE for a nominal fee. (FREE if you are a member!)
- NaSPA members can use the “President’s Inner Circle” TM (PIC) initiative for more expensive or difficult recruiting assignments, or those that do not lend themselves to job sites due to confidentiality, specialty or other reason. The NaSPA President, Board of Directors, and selected members may be able to help you find the “fast track” to that special employee. Remember, the most expensive thing you can do is hire and hire WRONG. Why not lean on some proven industry professionals to make the right introductions for you? The PIC also periodically sends email blasts to members for choice positions not contained on job sites or available to non-NaSPA members.
- Your $45.00 NaSPA membership (yes, the same for you as for everyone else) also buys you deep advertising discounts in NaSPA’s Technical Support Magazine for technical job placement or help wanted positions. This includes both corporate and outside recruiters.
- Finally, if you are an organization contemplating a force reduction of Information Technology or Telecom professionals, won’t you please consider buying them a $45.00 NaSPA card as part of their separation package? It will help the good people you may have to let go, through no fault of yours or theirs, in finding new employment through the initiatives described here. You will feel very good about yourself. (We hope to expand this program in the future to include extended insurance coverage as well as job placement.) You can also inquire about hardship or quantity discounts HERE.
In summary, we here at NaSPA believe the relationships formed in times of adversity are oftentimes the strongest and the longest lasting. We’re here to help you. Please consider joining NaSPA, or help an associate, employee, friend, or family member in need by purchasing a NaSPA membership for them. Comments?
Leo A. Wrobel
Back to the list of articles.